Family members of a foreigner who are already in Poland or intend to come here.
Spouse or minor child of a foreigner
The spouse, a minor child of the foreigner or his/her spouse may obtain a residence permit in Poland if he/she stays in Poland on the basis of one of the following residence titles:
– based on a permanent residence permit,
– on the basis of a long-term resident’s EU residence permit,
– in connection with his refugee status,
– in connection with the granting of subsidiary protection,
– for at least 2 years on the basis of successive temporary residence permits, including immediately before the application for a temporary residence permit for a family member is submitted – on the basis of a permit granted to him for a stay of no less than 1 year,
– on the basis of a temporary residence permit to carry out scientific research,
– on the basis of a temporary residence permit granted for the purpose of scientific research, if the alien has a residence permit referred to in Article 1(2)(a) of Council Regulation No. 1030/2002, bearing the annotation “scientist”, issued by another Member State of the European Union, if the agreement on the admission of the alien to carry out a research project concluded with the competent scientific unit of that State provides for scientific research to be carried out also on the territory of the Republic of Poland,
– on the basis of a temporary residence permit in order to work in a highly qualified profession,
– on the basis of a temporary residence permit for work in the framework of an intra-company transfer,
– on the basis of a temporary residence permit granted in order to benefit from long-term mobility,
– in connection with granting permission to stay for humanitarian reasons.
A temporary residence permit is granted for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of the foreigner’s stay on the territory of Poland over 3 months up to 3 years, with the possibility to apply for further permits.
This permit entitles the foreigner’s spouse to perform work without the need to have an additional document, entitling the foreigner to perform work in the form of a work permit. In the residence card, issued in connection with the granting of a temporary residence permit to a foreigner, the annotation “access to the labor market” is placed.
If the foreigner is staying outside the Republic of Poland, the application for granting a temporary residence permit for the purpose of family reunion is submitted by the foreigner (spouse or parent) residing in Poland, to whom the member of his/her family is coming. Submission of the application by the foreigner’s family member requires his/her written consent or the consent of his/her statutory representative, unless the applicant is his/her statutory representative. The granting of such consent is equivalent to granting a power of attorney to a foreigner residing on the territory of Poland to act on behalf of a family member in a given proceeding.
For more information or if you need help, call our office at 501-305-983